Friday, May 24, 2013

Language Freak Summer Challenge



As it is my first post at my blog, I will begin with entering a reading challenge. So I choose the Language Freak Summer Challenge, hosted by Ekaterina at In My Book. I love the basic idea for this challenge to improve my English language.

I sign up for this great challenge by 2 books- intermediate level. Ekaterina is asking some questions and I want to answer them as beginning for challenge.

1. What languages do you know? Note: even if you are a beginner, it totally counts! And don't forget to mention what your mother-tongue is!
A. My mother language is Arabic and I know English and little of French and Germany.

2. What is your history with these languages?
A. I learning English from years ago from my schools and also French from my secondary school and these days I begin to learn German.

3. Do you use them or are you out of practice?
A. I will talk about English language, because I need improve it as well as learning more French and German. I listen to podcasts by English and read little of books also. I tried to speak English online with native speakers. So I will challenge with 2 books written by English.

4. Have you read some books in these languages? Did you like it?
A. I answered the first question at the previous one. The books I read at English are so-so. I liked some books and not others.

5. What are your plans for the challenge?
A. Okay, I will begin my challenge with Sarah Dessen - Someone like you. My friends says that it is good novel and has simple words for me. I will see that or I will read it. 

So wait the review I will made for these 2 books. See you !

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge, Mai! I've never heard about Sarah Dessen, but I hope it'll be a good start for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ekaterina! I will put its review at the blog...

      Delete
  2. Marhaba! I'm a fellow challenge participant, just wanted to say good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome at my blog. And good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete